- Chase up unpaid invoices to encourage payment before Christmas to get cashflow off to a good start for the New Year.
- Make sure your voicemail message and website mention closing date info and emergency contact details. Who’s responding to work-related emails while you’re on holiday?
- Is payroll all set up for the holidays? Don’t leave it till the last minute and double check your calculations.
- Shutting the doors over Christmas? Remember to give staff 14 days’ notice.
- Back up your client and financial data on all IT systems and run any anti-virus updates.
- Feeling hectic? Make the workplace more relaxed in the lead up to Christmas by decorating the office, organising a Secret Santa, playing festive music or letting staff dress more casually in the final few days.
Check out our Christmas checklist and entertainment expenses articles.